2017 Graduate Fellowship Awards Competition
Chapters are invited to nominate one graduating
senior or recent alumnus/a to compete for a first prize of $3000, a second
prize of $2000, and a third prize of $1000 to be used for educational
costs associated with matriculation in a graduate degree program in
religion or theology for fall 2017.
Nominations should be sent via U.S. Mail or other carrier and must include the following:
● a formal letter of application from the nominee, detailing his/her long-term educational goals and intentions especially in light of the purview of Theta Alpha Kappa.
● two sealed letters of recommendation from his/her professors.
● confirmation of the student’s membership in TAK from the Chapter/Faculty representative. If the student will be inducted subsequent to the deadline, please indicate planned date of induction.
● sealed official undergraduate transcript.
● proof of acceptance and intent to matriculate into a relevant graduate program.
packets are due to the President’s office by April 30, 2017. Winners will
be announced by June 1, 2017, and award funds will be
transferred directly to the winners. For this reason, it is imperative
that mailing addresses (not simply e-mail addresses) for students
nominated which are valid in June and July, 2017, be provided to avoid misdirection of
Nomination packets should be sent to:
Dr. Kelley Coblentz Bautch, TAK President
3001 South Congress Ave
St. Edward's University
Austin, TX 78404